September 4, 2014

Vaari, sedät ja naapurin pojat soittaa bluesia

.
*
B.B. King is the greatest living exponent of the blues and considered by many to be the most influential guitarist of the latter part of the 20th century. His career dates back to the late forties and despite now being in his eighties he remains a vibrant and charismatic live performer. B.B. King has been a frequent visitor to the Montreux festival, appearing nearly 20 times, so choosing one performance was no easy task. This 1993 concert will surely rank as one of his finest at any venue. With a superb backing band and a great set list its a must for any blues fan. [wiki] 
*
The thrill is gone
The thrill is gone away
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away
You know you done me wrong baby
And you'll be sorry someday

The thrill is gone
It's gone away from me
The thrill is gone baby
The thrill is gone away from me
Although, I'll still live on
But so lonely I'll be

The thrill is gone
It's gone away for good
The thrill is gone baby
It's gone away for good
Someday I know I'll be open armed baby
Just like I know a good man should

You know I'm free, free now baby
I'm free from your spell
Oh I'm free, free, free now
I'm free from your spell
And now that it's all over
All I can do is wish you well

*

5 comments:

Riku Riemu said...

Vähän haikeaksi BB:n hapuileva soitanta saa, mutta mies on nyt jo lähes ysikymppinen, noissa tallenteissa ehkä 84. Kulttuuritalolla kuninkaan näin joskus 70-80-luvun taitteessa.

Juutuubista kuuntelen silloin tällöin BB:n ja Gary Mooren yhteissoitantaa Thrill is gonesta. Vielä useammin Live in Africaa, tallenetta Kinshasan konsertista, vuodelta 1974. Rumble in the jungle, Muhammed Ali löi ja BB soitti. Konsertissa BB on ehkä parhaassa vedossaan eikä Alikaan huono ollut.

Riku Riemu said...

Jälkimmäinen, Montreuxin tallenne, vuodelta -93 on timanttia, vaikka istualtaan jo soittaa.

Rauno Rasanen said...

'Hiljaa' soittaminen ei ole helppoa, mutta BB sen osaa ja erehtymättömällä tyylillä.

Riku Riemu said...

Miksi BB bluesia laulaa, Ahrikassa tyylitajuttelee kappaleen lopussa hiljaisesti ja hienosti.

Rauno Rasanen said...

Kyllä.