March 11, 2011

I'D RATHER BE FISHING. [Executed in electric chair, Louisiana]. ~~ Jimmy Glass, d. June 12, 1987

'Such is Life' [Executed by hanging].~~ Ned Kelly, Australian bushranger, d. 1880

1
The last words spoken before execution 

Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel.
[Executed in electric chair in New York].
~~ George Appel, d. 1928
*
You are going to hurt me, please don't hurt me, just one more moment, I beg you!
[Guillotined].
~~ Madame du Barry, mistress of Louis XV, d. 1793
*
I am going to be face to face with Jesus now. . . . I love you all very much. I will see you all when you get there. . . . I will wait for you.
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ Karla Faye Tucker Brown, d. February 3, 1998
*
Take a step forward, lads. It will be easier that way.
[Executed by firing squad].
~~ Erskine Childers, Irish patriot, d. November 24, 1922
*
Thank you for the change in my life you have given me, the love and closeness of my family and my beautiful daughter. Thank you for using me...
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ John Cockrum, d. September 30, 1997
*
You sons of bitches. Give my love to Mother.
[Executed in electric chair].
~~ Francis "Two Gun" Crowley, d. 1931
*
They butchered me back there, I was in a lot of pain. They cut me in the groin; they cut me in the leg. I was bleeding profusely. This is not an execution, it is murder.
[Executed by injection, Florida]
~~ Bennie Demps, d. June 8, 2000
( It took execution technicians 33 minutes to find suitable veins for the execution. The executioners had no unusual problems finding one vein, but because Florida protocol requires a second alternate intravenous drip, they continued to work to insert another needle, finally abandoning the effort after their prolonged failures.)
*
I'm going home, babe.
[Executed by injection, Delaware].
~~ James Allen Red Dog, d. March 3, 1993
*
Remember, the death penalty is murder.
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ Robert Drew, d. August 2, 1994
*
Hurrah for anarchy! This is the happiest moment of my life.
[Last words on the gallows].
~~ George Engel
(He was one of four executed after the 1886 Haymarket bombing in Chicago)
*
I love you. [Spoken to the executioner].
[Executed by injection, New York].
~~ Sean Flannagan, d. June 23, 1989
*
How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? French fries.
[Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma].
~~ James French, d. 1966
*
I'd like to thank my family for loving me and taking care of me. And the rest of the world can kiss my ass.
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ Johnny Frank Garrett, Sr., d. February 11, 1992
*
Let's do it!
[Executed by firing squad, Utah].
~~ Gary Gilmore, d. January 17, 1977
*
I'd rather be fishing.
[Executed in electric chair, Louisiana].
~~ Jimmy Glass, d. June 12, 1987
*
Good people are always so sure they're right.
[Executed at San Quentin].
~~ Barbara Graham, d. June 3, 1955
*
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
[Executed by injection, Oklahoma].
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995
*
Lock and load. Let's do it.
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ G. W. Green, d. November 12, 1991
*
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.
[Executed in California's gas chamber].
~~ Robert Alton Harris, d. April 21, 1992
*
It is the duty of every good officer to obey any orders given him by his commander-in-chief.
(Actual)
[Shot by British as a spy].
~~ Nathan Hale, American hero, d. 1776
*
I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.
(Attributed)
~~ Nathan Hale
*
I am innocent, innocent, innocent. Make no mistake about this. I owe society nothing. I am an innocent man and something very wrong is taking place tonight.
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ Lionel Herrera d. May 12, 1993
*
There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is God's messenger.
[Executed by hanging, at Camp Justice in the Baghdad suburb of Khadimiya]
~~ Saddam Hussein d. December 30, 2006
*
I don't hold any grudges. This is my doing. Sorry it happened.
[Executed in electric chair, Indiana].
~~ Steven Judy, d. March 9, 1981
*
Such is Life
[Executed by hanging].
~~ Ned Kelly, Australian bushranger, d. 1880
*
I love you, mom.
[Executed by injection, Texas].
~~ Clarence Lackey, d. May 20, 1997
*
I die innocent of all the crimes laid to my charge; I Pardon those who have occasioned my death; and I pray to God that the blood you are going to shed may never be visited on France.
[Executed by guillotine]
~~ Louis XVI of France, d. January 21, 1793
*
My dear Melinée, my beloved little orphan, In a few hours I will no longer be of this world. We are going to be executed today at 3:00. This is happening to me like an accident in my life; I don’t believe it, but I nevertheless know that I will never see you again.
[Executed by firing squad]
~~ Missak Manouchian, d. February 21, 1944
(Leader of the Parisian section of a Communist Resistance movement, the Francs Tireurs et Partisans - Main - d'oeuvre immigrée (FTP-MOI). See his entire letter & those of others of this group also executed, at: The Last Letters).
*
Farewell, my children, forever. I go to your Father.
[Executed by guillotine].
*
Monsieur, I beg your pardon.
[Spoken to the executioner, after she stepped on his foot].
~~ Marie Antoinette, Queen of France, d. October 16, 1793
*
Today is a good day to die. I forgive all of you. I hope God does too.
[Executed by injection, Virginia].
~~ Mario Benjamin Murphy, d. September 17, 1997
*
Shoot me in the chest!
[To his executioners].
~~Benito Mussolini, Italian dictator, d.1945
*
Shoot straight you bastards and don't make a mess of it!
[Executed by firing squad].
~~ Harry Harbord "Breaker" Morant, Australian poet & national hero, d. 1902
*
Hurry it up you Hoosier bastard! I could hang a dozen men while you're screwing around.
[Executed by hanging Leavenworth, Kansas].
~~ Carl Panzram, d. September 5, 1930
*
So the heart be right, it is no matter which way the head lieth.
[Executed by beheading].
~~ Sir Walter Raleigh, d. October 29, 1618
*
Well, the Lord is going to get another one.
[Executed in electric chair, Georgia].
~~ John Eldon Smith, d. December 15, 1983
*
Capital punishment: them without the capital get the punishment.
[Executed in electric chair, Florida].
~~ John Spenkelink, d. May 25, 1979
*
Adios.
[Executed by injection in Maryland].
~~ John Thanos, d. May 16, 1994

2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoBLGE2cCdU
The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley (1958 Capitol records) 
*
Lyrics:

(Intro) Throughout history
There've been many songs written about the eternal triangle
This next one tells the story of a Mr Grayson, a beautiful woman
And a condemned man named Tom Dooley...
When the sun rises tomorrow, Tom Dooley... must hang...

[Hang down your head, Tom Dooley
Hang down your head and cry
Hang down your head, Tom Dooley
Poor boy, you're bound to die]

I met her on the mountain
There I took her life
Met her on the mountain
Stabbed her with my knife

[Chorus]

This time tomorrow
Reckon where I'll be
Hadn't a-been for Grayson
I'd a-been in Tennessee

[Chorus]

This time tomorrow
Reckon where I'll be
Down in some lonesome valley
Hangin' from a white oak tree

[ending chorus]
*
http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/dying2.html
http://arwaalsh.blogspot.com/

No comments: